Saturday, August 2, 2008
Do I Have To? RagamuffinTop Challenge Continues
"Do I Have To ... ? "
"Do I Have To ..." is the prompt at Sunday Scribblings this week. Funny, that was one of my thoughts this morning - "do I have to run on the thread mill today?" The answer is yes and no.
Yes - because I committed my self to doing this. Yes because I committed myself to the RagamuffinTop Challenge to get rid of this muffin top. I already missed last week's post (I'll tell why later), I need to do one today. And I have to be able to tell everyone that I exercised this week :)
No - I don't really have to. I should say "I want to". I want to do this. I need to do this. For health's sake. For my family's sake. And for the glory of God. And so I did. Now here's the photo of my sweat:
And so what happened last week? Long story. Twitter version would be:
* Not feeling well
* Feeling down, not sure exactly why. A lot of things.
* Hubby held my tummy and said, you need to run
* Myself heard "you are fat, you need to lose weight"
* Yep - PMS, missed thyroid pills for 2 weeks, stressed about back to school - all those combined is really not a good time for a hubby to be holding my to be holding my tummy telling me I need to run. It did not go well.
* Took some time off from work
* Picked up my thyroid pills and started taking them again
* Period came. Junk came our of my body (sorry, overshare)
* Went to Lavender Farm - had lots of fun time with kids
* First week of school went well
* Brother Joseph started a blog - he is running.
* Brother Joseph inspired me
* Brother Relly called
* Brother Relly loves my kids; my kids love him
* Felt better. So much better.
* Quit Bunco
* Will join a women's Bible Study group
Doing the Ragamuffin Challenge for good health - let's do it Ragamuffin peeps!!!
so... Here's what I have for this week, (I mean last week and today):
7/13/08 - run 1.657 miles in 30 minutes
7/28/08 - run 1.678 miles in 30 minutes
8/02/08 - run 2.350 miles in 30 minutes
Not at par with my goal but is still ok.
Next week I need to run up to 3 miles at least.
For read more about how people are doing in participating in this RagamuffinTop Challenge, go to Ragamuffin Soul.
To read more about "Do I have To", go to Sunday Scribblings.
For more of my RagamuffinTop Adventures, previous posts are listed HERE.