I had been posting a lot of photos lately, as if to make up for lack of words. I have a thousand things to blog about, but alas time seems so aloof. With kids back to school, most of my time after "work" are spent with the kids - lots of homework, etc. So what are the things I want (or wanted) to post about?
* I wanted to share about our weekend at Keanaea, with our friends the Keplers and the Nakagawas. But that would be a long post, so I decided to postpone the post...
* I wanted to share about Hubby's birthday, but that would be a long post too. It would have been nice to talk about the funky boxer shorts our kids and I bought for him (10 of them all in different funky prints!); the the Wii Rock Band, etc. But that would take too long...
* I wanted to post about The Beijing Olympics. Give my 2 cents about the great switcheroo (the little girls who sung...). Then there's Phelps, the great :) and how I love his mom...
* I wanted to talk about Edward's affair - how the morality of our so called "leaders" are in question...
* I wanted to post about my desire to revive my other blog "The Learning Nest". And how I am once again getting involved with the message board of parents with kids who has learning challenges.
* I wanted to share about my involvement in the formulation of the Space Camp on Maui, sponsored and organized by us, the people of Maui.
* I wanted so much to post about PASSION World Tour in Manila, they called "Thrilla in Manila". Oh, it was such a success, and I want to talk about it, but that would take so long, and i only have a limited time now, so I am saving it for later.
* I wanted to post about my working mom blues - the usual venting stuff ... also about marriage, parenting, priorities, possible recession, being frugal, etc.
* I wanted to post more about our upcoming 25th High School reunion - I already did some but would like to do more.
* I wanted to post about "growing friendships" and the new Bible Study group we are forming.
* I wanted to post about the sudden death of Christopher, Greg Laurie's son, how I am sad for his family. I also am thinking about Joey's upcoming birthday.
* I wanted to discuss the books I am reading: the Last Lecture by Randy Paush but there's so much there to talk about, like if I am a Tigger or an Eyore, etc., etc.
* I wanted to post about the passing of my Uncle, my Ninong Papo. How I am sad, especially for my Ninang Anching and my cousin Clarissa.
Oh there's more ... there's a lot more.... I just don't have the time to put together a long post....'
Maybe later ....
In the meantime, I would like to thank God. I thank God that He is in control, and that we can trust him in all circumstances, including all the things I listed above. For more thankful posts, visit Thankful Thursday here.
Bless your thankful heart.
Liza, I am right there with you.
So much I would like to post - especially at this time of my life - Seems like yesterday I was your age. Thought I would now have more time that I do not seem to have.
I wonder about this.
Lastly - I do have time to tell you what a beautiful family you have. Also your comments are a blessing to me.
Yes, there is so much to blog about!
Thanks for giving us a glimpse at what's been on your mind these days.
Praise God He is there in the midst of all these things.
Happy TT to you♥
What a captivating post, Liza. Thank you for sharing your heart.
I feel where you're coming from. Sometimes there is so much to say, but so little time. It will just have to do to thank God for His sovereignty and faithfulness. This is really a big thing. While so much goes on around us and in the news, GOD IS IN CONTROL. We can slow down and rest in that.
I enjoyed reading your post.
I wish I had had a chance to visit Maui when I live on Oahu for 4 years. Maybe another time.
Hey, girl! I just signed up for Blog Action Day, too ~ about a page before you!
I've been on a small blogging break for the most part, only posting on Tuesday really. Things will start buzzing again, though, once school starts.
Hope you're well! Great pic in this post ~ beautiful family!
i'd like to hear your thoughts on the great switcheroo. i've been thinking about posting on that one, too.
you've got some great stuff to write about. hope life slows down a little for you so you can.
Wow, you sure do have a lot going on in that head of yours. But at least you have a list started. I need to do that, just so I can get my ideas out of my head.
Have a blessed day, Liza!
Post a Comment