Many of the following thoughts are worthy of a full blog but I just couldn't find the time to compose the full post. So here it is in it's quick random version:
1. Growing Friendships Through Friendly Fires. Last week I was able to talk to my best friend Karene about our struggles of not being a part of an ohana (church cell group). I was able to talk to her about the battle I am waging on this - how Satan is trying to use "friendly fires" to hurt us. I have not talked about this to anyone here (except in my blog) and it's nice to finally talk to Karene about it. We're doing ok. It can be better, but for now - we'll take it a day at a time... and we're ok.
2. Our pastor and good friend Kit was diagnosed with acute Lukemia last week. It was sort of a surprise. He's a healthy and fit guy. He just went to the doctor for a quick check-up because he's feeling weak lately. Now he's on Oahu for cancer treatment. He started a blog. Yes, Kit Lauer has a blog...and you can find Kit Lauer's blog HERE. Please stop by there to encourage him and please say a prayer for him and his family.
3. Spring Break is almost over - wahhhh! My kids and I don't want it to end. But then again, it will be good to get the kids back to school and learning :)
4. Update on Me Working Part Time - Oh, it's great! Working 25 hours a week instead of 36 (outside our home) made a huge difference in my "temperament" at home which makes a difference in our family atmosphere. I'm less stressed, more motherly, more wifey, more pleasant at home which in turns makes a more pleasant home.
5. Finances Through Part Time - I got my first weekly paycheck as a part-timer and it's lower that what I used to get, expectedly. It worried me at first. But I thought we can make it up by cutting on some stuff. Therefore, budgeting and being frugal might become a regular feature of this blog. I might also think of some ways to earn extra money while at home. Getting more blog ads might be a good start. (Update: see my comment on my own post :)
That's it for now..
Update: I am adding this post to the "Works Of God Weekend" at A Dusty Frame, because they are works of God in my life. Go visit Liz on her blog for more. I encourage you to join this carnival of "praising God for the works he's doing and have done).