I know I already mentioned about this last week, but I'd like to share again. Doing the devotional 40 days with the Son is really helping me get focused on Christ this Christmas Season. If you'd like to join us, please read below:
40 Days with the Son is an online devotion from the book 3:16 by Max Lucado. The background behind this devotion on line can be found here. I am doing this to keep my focus on the Christ of Christmas and not get stressed with the materialistic way of celebrating this holiday. I invite you to join me....
I want to keep this simple for everyone including me. So here are the KISS guidelines (Keep It Simple Sweetie :) )
1. Buy or Borrow the book 3:16 by Max Lucado (because it's copyrighted and I can't post the text here unless I get permission and it's a bit late to ask for permission)
2. You'll notice in the book that there are two parts: 1) The full detailed exposition of the verse John 3:16 discussed by chapter and 2) The 40 days with the Son devotion by day....
3. For Part 1, you can read it at your own phase. You can finish that part in one sitting if you like. I will have one post where you can comment about your thoughts and insight on 3:16. To easily find it, I'll have a link in my sidebar for that particular post.
4. For Part 2, the devotion, - I will post the verse of the devotion daily. After you read and meditate on that particular topic, just comment on that particular post about your thoughts and insights.
5. Anyone can join, at anytime, and anyone can comment. You're not even required to post a comment, but it would be nice if you would. (Remember though I am moderating the comments, so no spammers and haters allowed).
6. Again, you can join anytime. If you just discovered this, then buy the book and catch up. You may express your thoughts on comments or let me know if you want your thoughts posted on the actual posts...
UPDATE: I decided to host a separate blog for this. It can be found HERE.
And as always, if you'd like to read more posts about what works, please go to Rocks In My Dryer.