It was my Honey's B's birthday last Saturday, and here are some of the highlights:
1. Honey B got a 47" LCD TV for his birthday - a gift from me :) .
2. His good friends from San Diego, Chuck & Dawn, and their daughter Bethany came to Maui to visit. Last time they were together was 16 years ago when Honey B lived in San Diego. They stayed with us for 10 days. It was great! They were able to celebrate Honey B's birthday with us. It was a fun time of reminiscing the past for Honey B and Chuck and Dawn. It's fascinating how Honey B and Chuck are so much alike! It was a wonderful visit.
3. Because Honey B is very extrovert, and loves to have friends around, we had to have a party for his birthday. The first plan was a pool party with lots of guests, but that changed into a Sunset Cruise Party with Trilogy. There's a group of guys from our church who are going to the Philippines for a missions trip, and this Sunset Cruise was a Fund raising Event. We invited our friends to come join us in the cruise in celebration of Honey B's birthday. It was a blast!
4. Honey B is so thankful for many of our friends. We are so blessed with so many great friends..I mean GREAT FRIENDS .. . and that alone is a wonderful birthday gift to Honey B.
5. Speaking of great friends, Heather (childhood friend from Connecticut) sent a birthday package to Honey B. It arrived exactly on his birthday! Honey B, together with the kids, enjoyed opening the package. It was like Christmas! The kids were as excited a Honey B was. Oooohhhh - what fun gifts you sent Heather! (lots of Maple stuff which our whole family loves!) We took lots of photos but the two below are my favorites:
6. Another great friend, Laura, celebrated her birthday the same day as Honey B. Happy birthday Laura!
7. Aside from the 47" LCD TV, I also gave Honey B a DVD of Rob Bell's teaching. It's one of the Nooma series titled: Flame
8. Our kids G and N baked a birthday cake for Dad. We had our "family Daddy's birthday celebration" on Sunday Night. Nothing fancy, just the cake that the kids made and ice cream after our regular dinner at home.
9. And because Honey B is extremely extrovert, we are planning a post birthday party next month - because some of our friends were not bale to join us in the Sunset Cruise, and because he wants to have a party in our pool.
10. And the finale of this list? Are you ready for this? In celebration of Honey B's 47th birthday, he started a blog!!! You read it right my dear friends who knew that my hubby dear was initially against my blogging... my hubby started a blog! I think he's enjoy it. Here's the link - greet him a Happy Birthday (it's not too late - I told you we'll have another birthday party for him next month!) He does not have the sitemeter installed yet so he won't know you visited unless you leave a comment.
What a post. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Isn't God amazing?!?!?!
Happy Birthday to your hubby
What a happy family! I like the pictures.
Belated Happy Birthday to your now blogger-husband. :-)
It's so fun to read all your comments about our visit and Bradley's birthday! You really are an extrovert on your blog and a great writer.
No problem posting our picture at all.
Thanks again for everything. You definitely have the gift of hospitality and I hope we can try and share a little of that with you all in October.
Sounds like a lovely time. Happy B'day to your DH. Also, the sunset cruise takes me back to our Maui honeymoon. So fun.
Prayers for you to be safe and battened down for Flossie. I pray that she'll just weaken and turn away.
Happy Birthday to your hubby! This is one of my favorite posts of yours!!! You both look amazing - so happy and in love! Those were great photos of him with the kids and on the cruise! I was living in SD 16 years ago too - small world! How exciting that he decided to start a blog! I hope he has a great time enjoying the present you got him!
Hope your Monday went well (other than Flossie threatening to bear down)!
My hubby will also celebrate his birthday on the 22nd of this month. Hope I can convince him to blog too. hehehe.
Happy birthday to your hubby! :)
Post a Comment