- How did you start blogging?
In October of 2006, I was feeling stressed and abandoned and I needed a place to introspect. I love journaling and I have kept a journal for many years but at that time I felt I needed something more… therefore I started blogging …
- Did you intend to be a blog w/a following? If so, how did you go about it?
No. I didn’t even think someone else would care to read my blog regularly. Then “hockeymum”, a friend from Schwablearning message board told me that she likes reading my blog…then my brother and sister in law also started reading it … and the readers grew from then on…
- What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?
- Introspection. Like what my subtitle on my header states, this blog is a place where I write “my thoughts”. Yes, I am achieving this goal.
- Encouragement. I realized that some of my thoughts becomes an encouragement to others when I post it and that was very fulfilling. Therefore, whatever I write here, I hope would encourage, motivate or touch someone else, especially those who need it most. I also love being encouraged through your comments. Not to forget, I get encouraged when I read other blogs too.
- Testimony. Even though I wouldn’t consider this blog “spiritual or evangelistic”, my goal is to show to the world that being a Christian is not being religious. It’s a relationship with Christ and a way of life.
- Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?
Well, it changed from personal blog, to a mom blog, to a personal blog, to a mom blog and to both. The essence is still the same (true to my goal)
- What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?
I am not sure … I am relatively a “young blogger” .. I have not even been blogging for a year. So far it's been good...
- Do you make money with your blog?
A few cents a day :) through Google Ads. If a viewer click the ads and explore it, a get paid a few cents :) - Yesterday I earned 2 cents - LOL!!!! (update 8/1/07): I make more than 2 cents a day now :)
- Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?
My husband knows my blog but he’s not particularly fond of it. He actually wishes I’d stop blogging. He does not read my blog. He thinks having "live friends" is better than having "digital friends". (update 8/1/07) - Hubby now supports my blogging :), and actually "proud" I blog :) )
My kids (8 and 9) know and they love it. They love the idea that their mommy blogs (see Letter L on this post). They think that’s cool.
My brothers and their family know and love to read my blog regularly. My parents are not computer literate so they couldn’t read my blog regularly even though they’d love to.
My husband’s family somewhat knows but I don’t think they read it either.
My friends Karen J and Todd W reads this regularly :)
This may not apply to “all bloggers” but only to a certain type: I’d say:
a. Blog from your heart – be honest, be real. People loves to read honest posts. For me, I also love reading positive blogs and humorous blogs.
b. Develop relationships (on-line friendships) through blog – leave comments and you read other blogs. None of my "real live" friends here on Maui blog. Most of my readers are friends developed from blogging.
For more blogging stories, go to Chilihead's blog here.
RELATED POST: My blogging story told in a different way. click HERE
Updated thoughts on blogging, click here.