40 Days with the Son is an online devotion from the book 3:16 by Max Lucado. The background behind this devotion on line can be found here. I am doing this to keep my focus on the Christ of Christmas and not get stressed with the materialistic way of celebrating this holiday. I invite you to join me....
I want to keep this simple for everyone including me. So here are the KISS guidelines (Keep It Simple Sweetie :) )
1. Buy or Borrow the book 3:16 by Max Lucado (because it's copyrighted and I can't post the text here unless I get permission and it's a bit late to ask for permission)
2. You'll notice in the book that there are two parts: 1) The full detailed exposition of the verse John 3:16 discussed by chapter and 2) The 40 days with the Son devotion by day....
3. For Part 1, you can read it at your own phase. You can finish that part in one sitting if you like. I will have one post where you can comment about your thoughts and insight on 3:16. To easily find it, I'll have a link in my sidebar for that particular post.
4. For Part 2, the devotion, - I will post the verse of the devotion daily. After you read and meditate on that particular topic, just comment on that particular post about your thoughts and insights.
5. Anyone can join, at anytime, and anyone can comment. You're not even required to post a comment, but it would be nice if you would. (Remember though I am moderating the comments, so no spammers and haters allowed).
6. Again, you can join anytime. If you just discovered this, then buy the book and catch up.
I'd come back to revise this post and make it clearer. In the meantime, if you have questions, please tell me about it in the comment section.
UPDATE: I decided to host a separate blog for this. It can be found HERE.