* Yesterday marks the first day of me working part time (25 hours a week) as opposed to almost full time (36 hours a week) outside of our home. It's a bitter sweet feeling I must admit. I am glad to have that extra time with my kids, but I am scared to death of how it's going to affect our finances (especially with all the news of recession, etc.)
* The other night our family watched the movie "Karate Kid". There are so much to learn in that movie. Everytime I watch it I learn something new. The other night the lesson that stood out is "balance". Miyagi said, balance is not only important in Karate - it's important in life. How true, isn't it.
* We received a very sad news last week. Our neighbor who we had grown to love so much is moving back to the mainland. There was a re-organization in D's (husband/dad) work situation and D was affected. Since Maui is a small island and job opportunities are scarce while the cost of living is so high - they decided to move back to the mainland. They've only been our neighbor for almost a year and we really love them. I was very sad to hear the news they are moving. It makes me sad thinking about it. Please say a prayer for the A family for their transition. It's a difficult process - a lot of decisions has to be made.
* It's Spring Break for our kids. Our dear friend/neighbor A (yes, the one who's moving) are helping take care of our kids while we are at work. Yesterday they went to a place in Lahaina to explore Petroglyphs. A has a lot of adventure planned out. She's such a great mom and friend.
* What are you all doing for Easter? We are hosting a gathering here at our house. There are several families we've invited. It will be fun. Surfer Girl (N) is dancing worship hula at church on Easter Sunday morning so our gathering will start at 12 noon.
* Life is busy. I need to always remind myself about "balance". It's hard to strike a balance on this life, but we must strive to do it, otherwise we'd never win this tournament called life.