On this post I shared the ways I will and am dealing with stress. That includes the usual ways like a) pray b) trust God c) worship d) read the Bible and so on...
In addition, I also would like to list down additional ways of dealing with stress ... some little ways, some unusual, some bizarre, and some wouldn't make sense to some - but these are practical, easy to do, and some are fun... These WORKS FOR ME:
1. Make a list - sometimes I feel overwhelmed thinking I've got so many things to do only to realize it's not that many once I put it on paper.
2. Smell some of my favorite smells. Yes, some calls it aromatherapy. Some smells that comfort me are: lavender, vanilla, baby powder, cinnamon, fresh linen, fresh apple pie, sandalwood and Vicks vapor rub.
3. Sleep - getting enough sleep never fails to reduce my stress. The problem is I couldn't find enough time to sleep. And now instead of sleeping, I am blogging!
4. Oh yeah - Blogging.
5. Bubble Bath - same comments as sleep - guaranteed stress reducer, I just need to find the time to do it.
6. Massage - it would be nice to get it from a professional masseur. That always works for me. Actually, my hubby WAS a professional masseur so it works (if I can get him to give me a massage). Wel,=l, I can get him to give me a massage, but there's a trade, if you know what I mean... ;)
7. Coloring and painting - coloring, as in coloring a kids' coloring book with Crayola. Painting, as in painting using the kids' water color. These two activities works well for me. They are great stress reducer. I can also add playing with Play Doh here.
8. Reading a Book - ahhh ... it's a rest to read a wonderful, interesting book.
9. Rubbing my feet on a mosquito net - I told you some on my list would be bizarre to you.
10. Drinking a cup of hot Ovaltine Malt; or a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallow; or a good Chai.
Oh... there's a lot more. I remember Noemi suggested pampering myself, maybe going to a beauty parlor. I used to do this a lot when I was younger and without kids. Actually, when I was in college, whenever I am stressed about a major exam, I always go to the university all made up. My theory: in case I fail the exam, at least I look beautiful ;)
I'm sure my friend Cassie would have "running" on her list. Others would write walking, biking, swimming, or whatever exercise they are into. I think I should have added walking on my list of 10. I like walking!
Another person I know would add dancing. Yes, dancing can reduce stress. Those who loves to do scrap booking would have scrap booking on their list. And on, I forgot to add - laughing. Reading or watching something funny to make me laugh works sometimes.
This post is my "Works For Me Wednesday" post. I did share some of the stress relievers that worked for me - would you mind sharing some of yours? Maybe I can copy. Please share them ... leave a comment ;)
Speaking of sharing, a lot of bloggers are sharing ideas at WFMW headquarter. Go there and check them out.